Review: Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

Ever since I watched the first impression video of a spray foundation from Sephora by ItsJudyTime , I was fascinated and been wanting...



Ever since I watched the first impression video of a spray foundation from Sephora by ItsJudyTime, I was fascinated and been wanting to try the product. She gave it a super high review after Sephora updated the formula. What's the product, you say? This review is about the Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation. It has a really long name, but each word describes the product perfectly. I've had this foundation for months now and have been wearing it since mid-Fall 2015. And oh my goodness, this is definitely bomb dot com!

Before I start, here are the product claims from sephora.com:

"[It is...] An airbrush foundation with an ultrafine mist for flawless makeup results at home. 
Blur imperfections seamlessly and control shine for up to 10 hours with this [matte] satin-finish foundation. The weightless, micro-fine pigments of InstaBlend technology ensure color lays down smooth and seamless, so you can build to your desired coverage level—from light to full—for a flawless look every time. Mineral-rich red algae extract protects the skin from environmental stresses and helps smooth the skin for a soft-focus, airbrushed finish that lasts."

PROs
  • It has buildable coverage--does not cake up!
  • Oil-free
  • It has 2.5 fl.oz. (1.5 more than the average foundation)
  • Easy to use
  • Long-wearing
  • Cheaper alternative to the Dior Airflash Foundation

Cons
  • May be expensive to some people
  • limited colour selections (9 colours only!)
  • May be difficult to use for beginners

THOUGHTS?

I am so happy that I bought this because it is the best foundation ever! It's my holy grail! I have suffered from serious cake face when I started doing my makeup 3 years ago. It looked gross on my skin and since I have oily-combo skin, the foundation would separate and look messy. But this doesn't do that! It honestly still looks like my own skin. If you've seen any of my makeup tutorials, most of the time I was wearing this foundation. It's long-wearing too and doesn't transfer.

This foundation retails for CAD$35 and it may be cheaper or a bit more expensive depending where you're from but its totally worth every penny. Since its a spray foundation, there are three ways to apply it:

  1. Spray directly onto your face and blend.
  2. Spray product onto the brush then apply to your face.
  3. OR spray product onto the back of your hand then use brush to apply to your face.

For me personally, I use method #2 since it so much easier for me and I am able to control how much foundation I want. Also, it is much better to use a foundation brush not the one that looks like a paintbrush, but rather the one that's short and dense.




For those who are wondering I am in the shade HONEY which is not that dark when blended. I honestly just guesstimated my shade since I was too lazy to ask an associate. So here is my review! If you have any more questions, comment down below!

Have a blessed day and Happy New Year!







You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I wish we had Sephora in the UK!

    www.five-foot-seven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Issy! Wow, I didn't know that Sephora was unavailable there! I was suggesting shopping online, but it still different if the store was actually there! I hope you guys will have one soon! ;)

      Delete