The Best Toner Ever!

Finding a good toner is essential for a skincare routine. It shrinks the pores, balances the pH of your face, refreshes and moisturizes...


Finding a good toner is essential for a skincare routine. It shrinks the pores, balances the pH of your face, refreshes and moisturizes, it protects the skin and prevents ingrown hairs. These are great benefits for those who have oily/acne-prone skin or those who want an extra cleanse to ensure all dirt is removed. Before I begin, I just want to let you know that I am not a professional but someone who did their research about skin care. (Read my disclaimer.) And this is my 3rd bottle purchase, so I'm safe to say that this toner works on me.

If you have been reading my blog for awhile or following me on any of my social media accounts, you know that my face is clear, free from acne. However, before all that, I used to have severe acne where I had to go to the dermatologist. Now, all I'm doing is preventing anymore of those nasties from appearing on my face. So when I found The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner, I know that this would become my holy grail.

This toner truly helps in preventing any of my pimples or spots from coming back! Whenever I see a pimple that's beginning to appear, I would just use it during my skincare routine and usually the next day it would either be gone or it would start to get smaller. Oh and by the way, I have oily-combo, acne-prone (I'm putting that in there because I do get small spots from time to time) skin. So this might work for you if we have similar skin types.

Here are the product claims from the brand website:

"Our Tea Tree Toner is a refreshing toner with tea tree oil that removes traces of cleanser, makeup, and impurities. The 'shake to activate' mattifying powder in the formulation helps to give the skin a matte, shine-free finish. It effectively tones the skin, helping to prevent blemishes with regular use. [...]


Since the toner contains mattifying powder, make sure to shake it before using. And, yes, the colour will be green when you put some on a cotton pad. For those who are worried about the scent, it smells like tea tree oil which is a fresh, minty, herbal scent. I was bothered by the scent during my first few weeks but I got used to it.

The cool thing about the product is that it now comes in two bottle sizes.
  • 250 ml/8.4 fl oz for C$12
  • 400ml/13.5 fl oz for C$20

I haven't tried anything else in the tea tree line other than the toner but since my face has been clear ever since using this, I am excited to try more. I think the next products I'm going to try are the Tea Tree Pore Minimiser and the Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion.

Have you tried any of the products? What do you think about it? Comment down below!

Have a blessed day!

xoxo,








You Might Also Like

0 comments